Updated December 2014
No Fan Sites Org, LLC services are directed to children under 13. Federal law requires that Fan Sites Org, LLC may not collect any personally identifiable information from persons under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, you may not register for any Fan Sites Org, LLC services or provide any of your personal information to Fan Sites Org, LLC.
and all sub-domains of the above.
1. What Information We Collect and For What Purposes
To most effectively offer our services, we may collect information from you in the following ways:
- Information You Provide to Register for Services. If you register for a newsletter or to participate in a contest or giveaway, we request you to provide your email address and zip code (or foreign postal area). If you wish to build or maintain a fan site, we request you to provide your name, country of residence, email address, a password, and a security question and answer. You may also include any additional information in a space provided. You are not required to provide this information, but then you may not receive the services.
- Additional Fan Site Information You Provide. In addition to information required to register a Fan Site account, you may voluntarily provide your company name (if applicable), address, city, state/region, zip code, and phone number. Any information you publish through a Fan Site is stored on our servers. Published information is not kept private.
- Server Log Information. Our servers automatically log certain basic technical information when a user accesses the website, which may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser’s request to the Fan Sites Org, LLC server(s), the date and time of the request, the language and type of browser you use, the referring web page, your computer’s operating system, and any cookies associated with your browser.
- Communications From You to Us. If you send correspondence or email to us or otherwise communicate with us, we may retain copies of the communications to assist you or for our records.
- Social Networking. We allow you to sign into social networking and other online profiles so you can interact with our services using those accounts. Those social networking sites can only recognize you through these accounts if you specifically agree to share that information by signing in.
- Demographic Data. We may access information about you from third-party sources and platforms (such as databases, online marketing firms, and ad targeting firms) including your age range, gender, location, and interests.
- To assist the technical support of our system
- To maintain and improve the quality of our services through auditing, research and analysis
- To develop new services or enhance existing service.
- To communicate with you or respond to a request.
- To better understand, market to and serve our membership.
- To protect the rights of property or safety of Fan Sites Org, LLC or its members.
- To run contests or giveaways. We may run contests on our sites in which we ask visitors for contact information (such as their name and email address) and demographic information (such as their zip code or foreign postal area). The user’s contact information is used to contact the user when necessary, such as if they win a contest or to notify users of upcoming contests.
2. Information You Reveal to the Fan Sites Org, LLC Community or Publish on a Fan Site is Public
Any information you contribute as a “comment” to an article or feature is public. Once you post information as a “comment,” Fan Sites Org, LLC cannot prevent others from reviewing it.
Any information you post on a Fan Site is public. Once you post information on a Fan Site, Fan Sites Org, LLC cannot prevent others from reviewing it.
NOTICE: CALIFORNIA MINORS (CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS UNDER AGE 18) effective January 1, 2015
If you are a California resident under age 18 you may remove content previously posted by you from public view on any fan site by emailing email@example.com
3. Where Information is Processed
Fan Sites Org, LLC processes personal information on the secure servers of a hosting service located in the United States of America.
4. Sharing of Information
Fan Sites Org, LLC will not share your personal information with third parties unless:
- You give consent.
- We believe in good faith that use or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to: (1) detect or prevent fraud or security issues; (2) comply with any law, regulation, legal process or government order; (3) protect the rights of property or safety of Fan Sites Org, LLC or its members; or (4) to enforce Fan Sites Org, LLC’s website policies or investigate potential violations thereof.
5. Use of Non-Personal Information
Fan Sites Org, LLC may share with third parties certain pieces of aggregated demographic data that will not identify you or anyone personally, such as the number of users who viewed a particular page in a given time-period, or geographic statistics about our members.
Ads appearing on this web site are displayed on your screen by either (a) one of our web advertising partners or agents or (b) by us. Information about your visit to this site, such as the number of times you have viewed an ad, your browser, the type of computer operating system you use, and whether or not you responded to the ad delivered, (but not your name, address, phone number or other personally identifying information), is used to serve advertisements to your screen. We may use your zip code or geographical location information to serve appropriate advertisements. In the course of serving advertisements to this site, our third party advertiser may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser.
We may also use third party advertisements placed by ad networks to support our Sites. Some of these advertisers and ad networks may use your zip code or geographic location and technology including, but not limited to, cookies or web beacons when they advertise on our Sites. These advertisers and ad networks may collect and use the non-personal information described above to provide you with relevant advertisements based on your online behavior, activities on our Sites and other third party sites, demographic information, or information relevant to your general location so that the advertising you see on our Sites more closely reflects your interests. If you would like more information about this practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, please click here.
6. Information Security
Any of your personal information that is stored is kept securely on servers maintained by Fan Sites Org, LLC’s hosting provider. Industry-standard encryption technologies are used when transferring and receiving consumer data exchanged with our site, which encrypts information you input, except for domain name data.
You are solely responsible for the confidentiality of your password, if any. We suggest you do not share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, Fan Sites Org, LLC cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services, and you do so at your own risk.
7. Leaving Fan Sites Org, LLC
8. Mergers or Acquisitions
9. Accessing or Updating Your Information
If you have registered for a Fan Site account, you may login to that account to manage or correct your information.
Our site also provides users the opportunity to decline to receive communications from us and our partners at the point where we request information about the visitor.
To correct, update, or remove information from our records and databases, or to unsubscribe from services, users have the following options:
- Users may send a request by email to PrivacyQuestions@hollywoodfansites.com
- Users may send mail to the following postal address: Fan Sites Org, LLC, 14555 Jay St NW, Andover MN 55304
- Users may call the following telephone number in the United States: (952) 303-1838
10. California Residents
It is not Fan Sites Org, LLC’s practice to disclose your personal information to any third parties that use your information for direct marketing purposes. However, as required by California law, upon letter or email request by any California resident with whom Fan Sites Org, LLC has an established business relationship, Fan Sites Org, LLC will disclose to you each instance, if any, in the immediately preceding calendar year in which Fan Sites Org, LLC disclosed your personal information to a third party that Fan Sites Org, LLC knows or has reason to know used your personal information for direct marketing purposes. See California Civil Code § 1798.83.
Please address such requests to:
California Privacy Matters—Fan Sites Org, LLC
c/o FSO Privacy Agent
2049 Century Park East, Suite 3110
Los Angeles, CA 90067
12. Choice / Opt-Out
Users of our sites may opt out of their information being (1) disclosed to third parties; or (2) used for a purpose that is incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by a user. To opt-out, please submit your request to PrivacyQuestions@hollywoodfansites.com
Sensitive personal information will never be disclosed to third parties or used for a purpose that is incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by a user, unless you expressly grant permission for the use.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, you can contact:
Privacy Matters—Fan Sites Org, LLC
c/o FSO Privacy Agent
2049 Century Park East, Suite 3110
Los Angeles, CA 90067
or email us at PrivacyQuestions@hollywoodfansites.com